March is a very special month for Valencians because of Las Fallas.
Origin: began around the 13th C
Area: Valencian Community
Tourists: more than 1 million visitors during Las Fallas
Excerpt with permission from Valencia Bonita (2019).
From 15-19 March 2019 Mercado de Colón will be the site of an Artesanal Craft Fair organized by Proa Artesanos, the artesenal handicraft association of the Valencian Community. They will be promoting entrepreneurial artesanship, showcasing the work of this new Social Economy who believes in respect for the environment. The participating artisans were carefully selected and will have to adhere to strict guidelines including level of craftsmanship, and product presentation.
From 1-24 March 2019, the Feria del Libro Antiguo y de Ocasión de Valencia (Old Book Fair of Valencia) will be held at Gran Vía Marques del Turia. Booksellers from the region of Valencia as well as all around Spain will offer visitors many options. The schedule is as follows:
Monday to Saturday
10:30am – 2:00pm and 5:00pm – 9:00pm
Sundays and holidays
11:00am – 2:00pm and 5:00pm – 9:00pm
- On the 8th of March, 2019, the town of L’Alqueria de la Comtesse, Valencia (south of Gandia) will host an event in honor of International Women’s Day. The event will include an artisanal market (with 10 stalls), artisan workshops and activities for children.The event is organized by El Palleter Medieval.
- From about 12 to 19 of March, 2019, there will be a traditional Fallero market (about 15 stalls) plus food trucks on Calle Pelayo, next to Estació del Nord and Plaza de Toros (towards Falla Convento Jerusalén).
- From about 12 to 19 of March, 2019, there will be traditional Fallero Market plus food trucks by the Falla Na Jordana on Plaza del Portal Nou next to the Turia Riverbed.
- From 12 to 19 of March, as in previous years, Falla La Linterna-NaRobella-Avenida del Oeste (very close to the Plaça de la Ciutat de Bruges and next to Mercado Central) will have a traditional Fallero Market, food stalls, food trucks and a drinks bar. As well, on certain days, there will be live music (more details to come soon).
- From about 12 to 19 March 2019, there will be a traditional Fallero market by La Falla L’antigua de Campanar (near Hipercor).
- From about 12 to 19 March 2019, there will be a traditional Fallero market by La Falla Ferroviaria (near Estación del Norte).
- From about 12 to 19 March 2019, there will be a traditional Fallero market by Falla Cuba – Buenos Aires with the Casal on Calle de Buenos Aires 29 in Valencia. There will be about 20 stalls and will run from 11:00am to midnight with some days running as late as 2:00am.
- From 13 to 19 March 2019, there will be a traditional Fallero market on Calle Estrella and Calle Juan Antonio in the city of Valencia.
- From the 14 to19 of March 2019, there will be a traditional Fallero market (with 20 stalls) by Falla Murillo-Palomar (close to Torres de Quart).
- From the 14 to 19 of March 2019, there will be a traditional Fallero market (with 20 stalls) by Falla L’Amistat (in the Mestalla area).
- On Sunday, 10 March 2019, there will be a special market, ‘Todo a Euro’ (Everything for a Euro) from 11:00am to 7:00pm inside La Escuela de Ruzafa on calle Denia 32, Valencia. It will be a second-hand market where you can sell anything you no longer need or find real bargains for only €1. Do you want to sell anything you no longer use? Send an email to email@example.com. Entrance: €1 (free for children under 14 years old)
- Before and after La Mascletá, you can head over to Fabuloso de Marzo en el Mercado de Tapinería, Valencia where you can check out some cool things. In this edition, there will be two weeks of jewelry, books, deco, beer, furniture, accessories, gastro, jewellery, art. There will also be the fabulous Antique Market which takes place every third week of each month where you can find the most traveled collectors, the most intrepid treasure hunters, the collectors of rare objects and endless stories, along with vintage furniture, antiques, art of all times, silver, Watches, toys, figures, sculptures…. All this mixed with fashion brands, accessories, local gastronomy and live Clandestine swing performances with our friends at the Black Bottom School. Go and enjoy these activities over 5-days. You will be sure to laugh and see many unexpected things.