Healthy Pancrepe recipe
- 3 medium eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup oatflour
Mixing the ingredients
- In a large measuring cup or glass bowl, add the milk, water, eggs, olive oil, and butter. Whisk to blend.
- Measure out the oatflour and salt and add to liquid mixture. Whisk until smooth. Do not overblend. There is no need to let the mixture sit like most recipes.
- Preheat an 8 inch non-stick pan to medium heat.
- Brush a bit of butter on the heated pan. I prefer using a silicone brush.
- Using a ladle (less than 1/4 cup), pour mixture into hot pan and swirl until pan is evenly coated with the batter.
- With this oatmeal flour crepe recipe, there won't be any browning on the edges. After 2 minutes, flip the crepe gently and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up (remember to stir the batter each time to make sure the ingredients are evenly blended).
- Stack the cooked crepes on a plate and cover with another plate to keep the crepes warm and they won't dry out.
- Our go-to version: Top each crepe with butter and a drizzle of Canadian Maple Syrup. Served with a side of sausage and bacon.
- Lemon and Panela Crepes: Place a crepe on a plate and sprinkle about 1/2 tsp of *panela over one half of the crepe and fold over in half. Then fold over one more time into quarters. Repeat with all the crepes. Serve the crepes with fresh lemon slices (that can be squeezed over the crepes before eating), and a dollop of Greek Yogurt.