Healthy Oat Flour Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups whole oat flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk or, if you have buttermilk, omit the lemon and first step.
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- butter or olive oil for cooking the pancakes
- Add lemon juice to milk and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until blended. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Let the batter sit for 7-10 minutes.
- Heat a griddle or small skillet over medium heat, until small drops of water sizzle and evaporate within a few seconds.
- Using a soup ladle, scoop the pancake butter onto the griddle or skillet.
- Once the pancakes bubble, flip over once. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings like butter, maple syrup or fruit compote.